Important - please help us to combat fraud
All hours telephone number for reporting lost or stolen cards 0860-DINERS (346377)
Your Diners Club card may be used for international and domestic travel. Please be warned: any contravention of exchange control regulations must be reported to the South African Reserve Bank, and could result in the withdrawal of your card. Foreign charges are converted at the rate of exchange plus 1% handling charge when they are received at Diners Club head office, not when the charge was incurred.
Your Diners Club card, after being presented to pay for goods, is swiped through an EDC terminal and the purchase amount entered. You then simply sign the voucher printed by the terminal, and keep a copy for your records.
For security reasons, certain establishments may need to authorise a particular amount. These security checks are in no way a reflection of your credit standing and are carried out to protect you.
Due to increasing fraud, a limit has been introduced for each Diners Club member. You will not be inconvenienced if you are charging within your normal spending pattern. If you wish to use your card for a significantly larger purchase, call our Member Service Centre on 0860-DINERS (346377) for approval. This will prevent delays when you make your purchase.
If there is a dispute between you and an establishment, Diners Club cannot stop payment or be held responsible for the dispute. If the establishment agrees to refund you, they will swipe your card through the EDC terminal to credit your Diners Club account.
35 Symons Road, Auckland Park 2092, Private Bag X67, Auckland Park 2006, 0860-DINERS (346377), Tel: 011 358-8406, Fax: 086 111 5091 www.dinersclub.co.za
Print or download the Fraud Tips (796 KB) - click here
1. The Diners Club name and logo in blue and black
2. Your membership number - embossed
3. Your name
4. Date of joining Diners Club
5. The validity period of card (first day of first month to last day of last month)
6. Distinctive world map background exclusive to Diners Club
7. Holographic magnetic stripe. An added security feature bearing the Diners Club mark and name
8. Signature panel. Sign this panel immediately when you receive your card
9. Last four digits of card number and CVV2 number printed on the signature panel as an additional security feature
10. PULSE mark
11. Discover acceptance mark. An added security feature, mandatory on all internationally valid Diners Club cards