- What are the benefits of ClubMiles?
You have flexibility regarding your choice of airlines, flights and seats.
You can pay for airport taxes with your miles.
You get free basic travel insurance cover if under 74 years of age.
- What is ClubMiles?
ClubMiles is an exclusive Diners Club member loyalty programme for South African cardholders.
- What are Miles?
The loyalty currency that Diners Club Personal and Corporate members earn when using their Diners Club card for eligible spend, which can be redeemed for air travel bookings on the ClubMiles website.
- Who is eligible to register for ClubMiles?
The programme is available to all Diners Club members who have a personal or corporate card that is in good standing.
- How do I register for ClubMiles?
You can register by simply logging on to www.dinersclub.co.za or contacting Diners Club member services on 0860 346 377. Your membership will be confirmed 24 hours later.
- What will happen to my BA/SAA miles, when I move to ClubMiles?
Your BA/SAA reward miles will be calculated up to the time that you move to ClubMiles and allocated to your frequent flyer number.
- What do I need to register?
A valid Diners Club card.
A unique email address.
- What happens once I have successfully registered for ClubMiles?
You will receive a welcome email confirming your registration together with instructions on how to activate your ClubMiles account on the ClubMiles website.
- Do I receive bonus miles on linking to ClubMiles?
Yes, Personal card members receive 2 500 joining Miles on your first eligible transaction after registration.
- Which programme is ClubMiles affiliated to?
ClubMiles is not affiliated to any programme, it is Diners Club’s own in-house programme and will act as your personal online-travel agent.
- What is a ClubMiles rewards point worth?
Platinum: Platinum cardholders will earn 1 Mile for every R7,50 spent.
Corporate: Corporate cardholders will receive 1 Mile for every R12 spent.
- How do I activate my ClubMiles account?
You visit the ClubMiles website and follow the prompts to register. After completing the registration process your account is activated.
- How do I earn ClubMiles points?
By using your Diners Club card for purchases from everyday spend to travel and entertainment. Please note that you will not earn Miles on fees, ATM cash withdrawals, cash advances, casino chips and fuel.
- How often will my miles be credited to my ClubMiles account?
Your Miles will be reflected on your ClubMiles Account one business day after your transaction is received and processed by Diners Club.
- Do Miles ever expire or become invalid?
Yes, if there is no activity on your ClubMiles account, meaning no further earn or redemption for 3 years, your Miles will be forfeited.
- Can cardholders linked to the same account earn their Miles jointly?
Yes, the primary cardholder has the option to have all Miles allocated to his/her card number, or allow Add-on cardholders to earn ClubMiles for their own transactions
- Can cardholders linked to the same account earn their Miles separately?
Yes, the primary cardholder has the option to allow all cardholders to earn Miles on their individual ClubMiles accounts.
- Can I transfer Miles between cards?
Yes, as long as the cards are linked to the same account. The primary cardholder has the option to transfer Miles between cards on the same account via the ClubMiles website.
- Can I earn ClubMiles if my Diners Club account is in arrears?
Once your account is 90 days in arrears then you stop earning ClubMiles. Once you repay the outstanding amounts new transactions qualify to earn ClubMiles.
- How many cardholders can be linked to the same membership number or should each have their own?
1 cardholder = 1 ClubMiles number
Redeeming your Miles
- What can I redeem my ClubMiles points for?
Currently you will be able to use your miles to pay for available flights and airport taxes.
- How do I check my ClubMiles Balance?
You Log on to clubmiles.dinersclub.co.za
- Where do I redeem my collected Miles?
You log on to the ClubMiles website using your username and password.
- What happens if I don't have enough Miles to pay for my purchase?
If you don't have enough Miles, you can purchase top-up Miles on the ClubMiles website using your Diners Club card.
- What airlines can ClubMiles be used to book flights?
Major international and local airlines that are members of IATA are available for bookings.
- Am I guaranteed availability of seats?
Seats are subject to inventory available for a specific flight from the respective airline.
- How many ClubMiles points do I need to book a local ticket?
This is subject to the cost of the ticket or accommodation.
- Can I bank Miles instead of having them expire after 3 years?
We will send you notification of expiry 6 months and 3 months before your Miles expire. This will give you an opportunity to retain your Miles balance by using your Diners Club card for purchases from everyday spend to travel and entertainment.
- What is the value for a ClubMile?
The ClubMile compares favorably to other FFP e.g. at our lower earn rate of R7.50 a member requires 185k ClubMiles versus 220k miles from another FFP to redeem an economy flight from JHB to New York.
- How much does it cost to be a member of ClubMiles?
There is a membership fee of R200 a year per cardholder that will be deducted at registration and then on card renewal going forward.
- What will happen to my BA/SAA membership fee when I move to ClubMiles?
Your current year’s BA Executive Club or SAA Voyager membership fee will be refunded pro rata.
- Can I redeem ClubMiles for flights if my Diners Club card is in arrears?
You can redeem ClubMiles until your account is 60 days in arrears. Thereafter the ClubMiles account is frozen until you repay the arrear amounts and start spending.
ClubMiles Contact Centre
- How do I get hold of the ClubMiles member service centre?
Please call 0860 346 377
Cancelling your membership
- What will happen to the miles I accumulated if I choose to close my Diners Club account?
Miles will be forfeited on cancellation of a Diners Club card. Do ensure that you make use of all your miles prior to membership cancellation in order not to forfeit them.
- How do I cancel my ClubMiles membership?
By calling the Diners Club member service centre at 0860 346 377 or cancel online (www.dinersclub.co.za). You will be able to continue to redeem your miles, provided your Diners Club account is open and active.
Log on to the website and issue an instruction to cancel a ticket. Please note that the refund will only be made once received from the respective airline and will be less cancellation/administration fees. Should you need to amend a ticket booking, please amend online.
Terms and Conditions
You can obtain the ClubMiles Terms and Conditions by visiting www.dinersclub.co.za or phoning the ClubMiles member service centre on 0860 346 377.
- What do I do if I would like to dispute a ClubMiles transaction?
You must contact the Diners Club member service on 0860 346 377 and report the disputed transaction/s immediately.
- What does ‘airline agnostic’ mean?
‘Airline agnostic’ refers to the fact that the programme is not confined to a specific airline but gives you the flexibility to book the available airline of your choice.
- If I have a membership number with another frequent flyer programme, will I be able to earn miles on that programme when I book with the respective airline through ClubMiles?
Yes, you will continue to earn miles on those membership numbers when making a ClubMiles booking – simply include your frequent flyer number when booking on the respective airline.
- Can I convert my existing SAA Voyager or British Airways Executive Club miles to ClubMiles?
This is not possible.